The idea for these came from my sister, Janice, who posted the recipe on Facebook. It’s a White Lily Flour recipe. I revised it to better fit in with the WW Blue Plan, and I actually came up with a couple of variations. These are 4 points each (WW Blue Plan) if you use the Velveeta slices, and 3 points if you use the Canadian bacon. I had one for dinner tonight, and I am stuffed!
Here’s the recipe:
Baked Cheesy Biscuits with Eggs
- In a large bowl, mix 3/4 cup of the flour with the yeast and salt. Reserve the extra 1/4 cup of the flour for later.
- Add the yogurt and stir until it starts to form a ball.
- Add the warm water and mix well. You should have a sticky ball of dough.
- Sprinkle some of the reserved flour on a clean counter or pastry mat. (I actually used a paper towel).
- Dump out the dough onto the floured mat.
- Sprinkle more of the reserved flour on the dough, gently fold it over, and repeat until a good ball of dough is formed.
- Spray your hands with Pam, take the dough and form it into 4 biscuits of equal size.
- Take a small round cookie cutter and cut out a hole in each biscuit. Place the cut out rounds and the larger biscuits on a baking sheet lined with parchment paper. You can push on the inner circle to widen it. Trust me, you want that circle to be big enough to hold an egg! Those circles that look so big in the photo close in a lot when they cook!
- Spray the tops lightly with butter-flavored Pam.
- Let rise for about 30 minutes.
- Bake at 475 degrees for about 6-8 minutes until puffed but not browned.
- Remove baking sheet from oven.
- Either drape a slice of cheese over each of the large biscuits – using your finger to press it into the opening to form a deep cup, OR make four cuts on a slice of Canadian bacon (see photo) and overlap the edges to tuck it into the opening to form a deep cup.
- Crack an egg into each biscuit cup. If you look at the photos below, you will see that the egg white flowed over the edges of the biscuits. I worried, but when I took them out of the oven, they were fine. I even had a yolk roll over the edge of the biscuit. I just scooped it up with a spoon and put it back. LOL!
- Season with salt and pepper. Sprinkle other toppings – grated cheese on the ones with Canadian bacon (measure and count the points), chopped spinach leaves, etc.
- Return the baking sheet to the oven and continue baking until the biscuits are golden and the egg whites are set, about 10 minutes more.
- Serve immediately.
Notice in the photo above, the egg white that flowed out into the pan. It was fine! The top two have the slice of Velveeta, and the bottom two have the Canadian bacon. I liked the ones with the Canadian bacon best – and they were one point lower! Both were delicious, though! A serving includes one of the large biscuits with the egg in the middle along with one of the smaller cutouts.
One thought on “Baked Cheesy Biscuits with Eggs (4 points each, WW Blue)”
Pingback: A Better Cheesy Biscuit With Egg | Living Real With Carol